The UCLA Industrial Hygiene Program provides NIOSH traineeships for students intending to pursue careers in industrial hygiene. Support may be in the form of fees and/or stipend. Eligibility for an Industrial Hygiene traineeship is determined primarily by the student’s career objectives.
To be eligible you must:
1) be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien (green card holder);
2) have as a career objective the field of industrial hygiene, broadly defined;
3) take (or waive out of) all the courses given in the industrial hygiene model curriculum;
4) keep the program director informed as to your type of employment for five years after graduation.
1) Stipends are limited to eligible students working less than 50% time in off- and on- campus professional positions.
2) Fees are limited to eligible students working less than full time in off-campus professional positions.
3) Support for masters students is normally limited to a maximum of 6 quarters.
4) A first year GPA of 3.0 or better is required for second year support.
5) A minimum of 12 units every quarter in residence.