State of the art information in the field of occupational and environmental health and safety.
Comprehensive workbook/resource manuals and classroom materials; Test taking techniques and strategies for examination preparation; Written tests prior, during, and at conclusion of seminar; Participative lectures.
Management / Coordinator / Consultant Functions: Provide advice and manage Occupational Health and Safety Programs, services and staff
Clinical Functions in OHN Practice: Clinical care, environmental relationships, counseling, client advocacy, and change agent
Advisor / Educator Functions in OHN Practice: Health protection, health promotion, health education, and research
There will be a working lunch on Thursday – lunch is included in your registration fee.
Additional resources suggested for the COHN/COHN-S Certification exam:
- Fundamentals of Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing: AAOHN Core Curriculum, 4th edition (take to class if you have it.)
- Fundamentals of Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing: AAOHN Core Curriculum, 4th edition, Online Study Guide, (you can earn 25 CNE with this resource)
- Standards of Occupational Health Nursing
- Code of Ethics
To order: AAOHN— 312-321-5173/www.aaohn.org; AAOHN Member prices are discounted and some publications are free. There is a cost to Nonmembers.
- ABOHN Certification Self Assessment Test (CSAT); There are 2 volumes each for COHN and COHN-S. Each volume contains 50 questions written in the format of the actual certification examination questions.
To order: ABOHN—888-842-2646/www.abohn.org
Who Should Attend?
Designed for Nurses who are:
- Employed full or part-time in the field of Occupational Health
- Preparing for the American Board of Occupational Health Nurses Certification Exams—COHN or COHN-S
- Considering entering the field of Occupational Health Nursing
- Setting up Occupational Health Programs
Valuable information for:
- Case Managers
- Risk Managers
- Safety Consultants
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Personnel
- Directors/Administrators of Occupational Health Facilities
What they said
“Thank you for the [stet] offering a superb review course. The material was well organized and thorough. I attended the LA course this June and took my exam in July. I passed! Thank you again for offering this course. I will be sharing with everyone in my AOHP chapter how valuable the information you review is and encourage them nor only to apply for certification, but to take advantage of the knowledge and expertise you share in your course.”
* Subject to modification
Other Registration Options
Register by phone: 310 206-2304 | Register by fax: 310 794-9317
Mail in: 650 Charles E. Young Dr. South 61-279 Los Angeles, CA 90095
Lodging and Transportation Information
Substitutions may be made without additional charge. Cancellations must be in writing. Refund schedule:
- Cancellation 15 or more business days before the class 80% of registration fee
- Cancellation 7-14 business days before the class 50%
- Cancellation less than 7 days before the class and “no shows” No refund
If course materials such as books have been sent to course participants in advance, the cost of that material will be subtracted from the refund.
UCLA reserves the right to postpone an offering 7 days prior to the course date should minimum enrollment requirements not be met. If a program is canceled, you will be notified and your registration fee will be refunded in full, less the cost of course materials sent in advance if they are not returned in the condition in which they were received. The liability of UCLA is limited to the course fee.